Immigration advice

We offer free legal advice on immigration status cases.

We offer free legal advice and representation on immigration cases.

If you live in London and cannot afford to pay for legal advice on immigration we may be able to help. We can provide free accredited immigration advice and representation.

In line with our organisational strategy, we prioritise supporting children and families.

Cases include applications based on:

  • Family & Private Life
  • Long stay in the UK
  • Domestic Violence cases
  • Change of condition application
  • Child citizenship
  • EUSS complex cases.

We cannot help with the cases listed below:

  • If you yourself are outside of the UK, or want to bring someone to the UK
  • Any points based applications — work visas, student visas
  • Adult citizenship/naturalisation applications
  • Applications for passports or travel documents.

Before we can agree to help you, we will need to speak to you over the phone about your situation. We normally hold new clients' assessments over the phone every two weeks on a Monday between 10am and 12pm.

Upcoming triage dates

Our triage is currently on hold due to all of our advisors being at capacity. We hope to resume this in the summer. If you are looking for an advisor before this, we would recommend searching via the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) search tool.

Once you have confirmed the next available date, you can reach the immigration team for an assessment on 020 7227 1670.

We will always try to help as many people as we can but demand for our services is very high.

Our immigration advice service is accredited by OISC and SQM.

We also have a legal aid contract to do asylum and immigration work.

Need help? Contact our advice team

Family services

Our family centre also offers a range of free services for children and families.

Learn more


We are here to help to you find work and help improve your in-work prospects. 

Learn more

Welfare benefits and housing

Our expert team may be able to help you with your housing or welfare problem.

Learn more