If your family are living in unsuitable accommodation or at risk of becoming homeless then the Centre can help you.
If you live in Westminster and have an issue with your accommodation, we can help with confidential housing advice and support. We’ll listen to your concerns and do our best to help improve your situation. Please ask a question or call 020 7227 1673.
Our highly experienced team offer advice, support and advocacy on many issues. The following are some common examples:
- Assist with Homelessness applications for people with a priority need/Social service support for destitute families.
- Complex housing benefit cases – e.g. benefit suspension, deduction disputes and the bedroom tax.
- Families affected by benefit caps – support with approaching local authority
- Work with families and vulnerable single people issued with notices of eviction or threatened with repossession orders.
- Challenging negative decisions from Social Services, Housing Options Service and Housing Benefits – including court and tribunal representation when appropriate.
- Accommodation options for Families without status including challenging negative decisions.
- Liaising with solicitors / referral to solicitors in more complex cases.
- Challenging NTQ’s from local hostels – depending on the complexity of the issue.
- 16/17-year-olds who have approached the local authority and have been assisted.
- Dealing with complex or persistent repair issues.
- Support with transfers and home improvements due to medical health needs.
- Support with gaining further bidding points if entitled (long-term residency, statutorily overcrowded).